How To Get Google Adsense Approval? This is one of the most common questions new bloggers have in their mind when they are about to start their blogging journey.
Are you a new blogger eager to monetize your website through Google AdSense? Understanding the approval process is crucial for your blogging journey.
In this comprehensive guide, I will provide you with detailed steps and valuable tips to help you secure Google AdSense approval. Whether you haven’t applied yet, have been rejected before, or are unfamiliar with Google AdSense, this guide will cover everything you need to know.
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is a widely recognized ad network owned by Google, enabling bloggers and content creators to earn revenue by displaying targeted advertisements on their websites or blogs. AdSense utilizes contextual targeting to show ads that are relevant to your website’s content, resulting in higher click-through rates and increased earnings potential.
Benefits of Google AdSense
- Monetization: AdSense allows you to generate income by displaying ads on your website, giving you the opportunity to earn money from your content.
- User-Friendly: The platform is designed to be user-friendly, making it accessible even to those with limited technical knowledge.
- Ad Variety: AdSense provides a wide range of ad formats, including text ads, display ads, video ads, and mobile ads, allowing you to choose the format that best fits your website’s design and user experience.
- Targeted Ads: AdSense displays ads that are relevant to your website’s content and your visitors’ interests, increasing the likelihood of attracting clicks.
- Reliable Payments: Google AdSense ensures reliable and timely payments, making it a trusted platform for monetizing websites.
Eligibility Criteria for Google AdSense Approval
High-Quality Content Creating high-quality content is crucial for Google AdSense approval. It’s not just about the quantity of posts; the quality matters as well. Focus on these aspects:
- Originality: Ensure that your content is unique and not copied from other sources. Plagiarism can lead to rejection.
- Relevance: Your content should be closely related to your website’s niche, providing valuable information and engaging your target audience.
- Readability: Write in a clear, concise, and engaging manner, making it accessible to your target audience. Use proper formatting, headings, and paragraphs to enhance readability.
- Grammar and Spelling: Proofread your content to eliminate any grammatical or spelling errors. Use tools like Grammarly to assist you in proofreading.
- Media Integration: Incorporate images, videos, and other multimedia elements to enhance the visual appeal of your posts and make them more engaging.
Important Pages you should have before applying for Google AdSense, it’s essential to have certain important pages on your website. These pages include:
- About Us: Provide information about yourself, your website’s purpose, and your expertise in the relevant field. Make it personalized and compelling.
- Terms & Conditions: Establish the rules and regulations for visitors using your website. Clearly define what visitors can and cannot do on your site.
- Disclaimer: Clarify any legal disclaimers or limitations of liability regarding the information shared on your website. This can protect you from potential legal issues.
- Contact Us: Offer visitors a means to get in touch with you, increasing your website’s credibility. Include a contact form or provide email and social media links.
Restricted Niches Certain niches may face restrictions or limitations for Google AdSense approval. These include:
- Adult content: Websites containing explicit adult material or pornography.
- Gambling or casino-related content: Websites promoting online gambling, casinos, or betting.
- Hacking or cracking-related content: Websites providing information or tools related to hacking, cracking, or illegal activities.
- Violent or hate-related content: Websites promoting violence, hate speech, discrimination, or harm to others.
- Illegal activities or substances: Websites promoting illegal activities, drugs, or substances prohibited by law.
- Counterfeit goods: Websites selling counterfeit or replica products.
- Other prohibited content outlined by Google’s policies: Review Google’s guidelines thoroughly to ensure your website’s content complies with their policies and falls within acceptable niches.
Step-by-Step Guide for Google AdSense Approval
- Create a Gmail Account If you don’t already have one, create a Gmail account. It’s advisable to use a new or separate email account specifically for AdSense. Make sure that the phone number associated with the account is not linked to any other AdSense account.
- Sign Up for an AdSense Account Visit the Google AdSense website at https://www.google.com/adsense/ and click on “Sign Up.” Provide your website URL and the email address associated with your Gmail account.
- Agree to Receive Suggestions During the sign-up process, you’ll be asked if you want to receive personalized help and performance suggestions from Google. Select “Yes” to benefit from tailored assistance.
- Review and Accept Terms & Conditions Carefully review the Google AdSense terms and conditions to ensure you understand them. Once you are familiar with the guidelines, accept the terms and conditions to proceed.
- Create Your AdSense Account Click on “Continue” or “Create Account” to initiate the account creation process. Follow the prompts and provide any necessary information as requested by AdSense.
- Add the AdSense Code to Your Website After creating your AdSense account, you will receive a code snippet. This code needs to be added to your website to allow AdSense to display ads. Follow these steps:
- Copy the provided code snippet.
- Log in to your website’s content management system (CMS) or access your website’s HTML code.
- Locate the <head> </head> section of your website’s code.
- Paste the AdSense code snippet between the <head> </head> tags.
- Save the changes to your website’s code.
Submit Your Application Once you have added the AdSense code to your website, click on “Submit” to finalize your application. Google will review your website and notify you of their decision via email.
Troubleshooting and Additional Tips
- Rejected Applications If your application is rejected, don’t lose hope. Review the rejection email and work on addressing the mentioned issues. Common reasons for rejection include insufficient content, policy violations, or website design concerns. Make the necessary improvements, wait for at least 15-20 days, and then reapply.
- Optimization and Compliance Even after approval, it’s important to optimize your AdSense implementation and ensure ongoing compliance with Google’s policies. Consider the following tips:
- Experiment with Ad Placement: Test different ad formats and placements to find what works best for your website and generates higher click-through rates. Optimize ad placements to maintain a good user experience.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Ensure that your website is mobile-friendly and responsive, as a significant portion of web traffic comes from mobile devices. Test your website on different devices and screen sizes.
- Monitor Performance: Regularly analyze your AdSense reports to understand which ads are performing well and identify areas for improvement. Use the data to optimize your ad strategy.
- Policy Updates: Stay informed about any changes or updates to Google’s policies to avoid any violations that could result in account suspension. Periodically review Google’s policies to ensure ongoing compliance.
By following this detailed and comprehensive guide, you are now equipped with the knowledge and steps necessary to obtain Google AdSense approval successfully. Remember to focus on creating high-quality content, ensure the presence of important website pages, and adhere to Google’s policies. With patience, perseverance, and ongoing optimization, you can successfully monetize your website using Google AdSense. Best of luck on your AdSense journey!