Twitch is a live streaming platform that is used to stream games. The gamers while playing their games can live to stream it for their followers to watch. It occupies a top position on the live streaming platform for games and even through YouTube and other media are slowly catching up, Twitch is still the leader and the best.
In this article, we will provide you a complete guide that will help you understand how you can use Twitch for streaming games. If you are a beginner then this article is perfect for you as you will learn how to start streaming on twitch apart from that I’ll also share a solution to fix twitch error 3000. Without wasting any more time, let us start with this article.
Steps to Start Streaming Twitch as a Beginner
1. Creating an account
The first step would be to create an official account on Twitch. To download it on your computer, you only need to click on the ‘Sign Up’ option available when the app is opened.
When you try to create an account on your phone, you need to download the app and provide your phone number.
2. Reading the community guidelines
You must read the guidelines before starting the app so that you do not do something which is against the guidelines.
3.The two-factor authentication
You need to enable the two-factor authentication after creating the account. You need to enable it from your desktop and keep your phone nearby.
4.Getting the correct software
If you are a beginner, you should use software that has an encoder. This helps in easy use and is also affordable. But keep in mind that every software has its advantages and disadvantages. You should know about more of the popular software before using one. Here are some software-
- OBS Studio — This studio is completely free and it can be used across various platforms and the streaming is from an open-source.
- Streamlabs OBS — This feature can only be sued on Windows. However, you can use this platform to earn money from your channel.
- XSplit — This software is a paid software but you need to invest your money.
- vMix — If you have graduated to become an advanced streamer, then this platform is perfect for you.
Once you check the Twitch Streaming platform before selecting your software. Restream is a platform that can be used to broadcast to other platforms from Twitch.
5.Hardware to be used
Not any kind of hardware can be used on the Twitch platform, so you need to use proper hardware.
a. Kind of computer or console required
The setup for streaming is very important. For Twitch you can use your smartphone or your Xbox. However, the best option would be your PC or your desktop. When you are streaming the number of options given to you by PC will be much more.
To get a PC for streaming, the following options need to be looked at-\
- The CPU: The CPU needs to be well built to handle the process of gaming and simultaneously the process of coding.
- The GPU: The graphics card needs to be the Nvidia RTX graphics card which consists of encoders that ahs been already built-in. It needs to be used with the OBS studio.
- Platform: The platform needs to be either your PC or your MAC. It needs to be good for both playing games and broadcasting.
- Computer Setup: One computer can be used for playing games while another computer can be used for streaming. For encoding, a computer with a powerful CPU must be used.
b.The kind of microphone required
The audio of your computer works to support your games because it provides commentary. The audio needs to have good quality. The standalone microphones will also be good. Some microphones which you can use are given below-
- Samson G-Track Pro
- Blue Yeti Nano
For adding facial expression, it is also important for you to use proper webcams. The webcams should have good quality. It could either be from Logitech or Microsoft.
6.Extra gaming gear that will help you in streaming
- Lighting — You should use LED for streaming purposes. They produce very little heat.
- Green Screen — The green screen helps you to learn chroma keying during your streams. It helps to remove or add your backgrounds.
- Game Capture Card — For streaming games, using a game capture card is very essential. This card might be used internally or externally.
- Stream Deck — The stream deck is a sort of touchscreen that helps you to issue various commands to your Twitch profile just by the use of your fingers. You can adjust the levels of the sound and it can also be used while trying to broadcast a lot of scenes.
Live streaming from PC
Once you have all the above equipment and have followed the aforementioned steps, you can start with streaming from your PC. Live streaming on Twitch is one of it’s best features. The only thing you need is a device and internet connection. Then you are all set to go.
Also, Recently many users started facing a common error which most Twitch users face while using Twitch. To fix twitch error 3000 all you have to do is just these simple steps-
1. The cache needs to be cleared.
2. The hardware acceleration needs to be turned off.
3. Third-party cookies need to be enabled.
4. The incognito mode can be turned on.
5. You can switch to another player for streaming.
If these steps are properly followed then twitch error 3000 can be fixed while streaming your games. Twitch error 3000 can be easily dealt with, and there is no need for you to get perplexed.
Live streaming on Twitch is easier than other platforms. Always remember PC is the best way to live stream on Twitch. We hope this article has helped you to learn what you need for Twitch. For more streaming tips visit techcrucial. If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask them in the comments section.