This service will allow the organizations and individuals to come up with a website or a web page that will be displayed on the internet. A web host or a web hosting service provider is defined to be a business that will provide technologies and services which are needed for the website, which will be viewed on the internet. The sites are hosted, stored on a unique computer, which is called severs. If an individual wants to visit another website, all they would just have to do is type out the website address or the domain on the browser. The computer with them immediately connects to the server, and the webpage will be displayed through the browser. Most of the hosting companies would require individuals to have their domain to host with them. There are certain circumstances when individuals do not have any domain. This is where the hosting company will help them purchase one. Several hosting companies are available to cater to the needs of the individuals. One must be quite careful in choosing them based on the needs and quality of the server. This article here will talk about some of the alternatives for the company DreamHost.
Any good hosting company will have the following features which will be tagged along with them:
- Email accounts: most of the hosting providers will require the user to have their domain name. Along with the domain name, we will also have an account that will be featured on the email address, and the hosting company will provide it. With this, we can create the domain email account.
- FTP access: This will make the individual upload files on their local computer to the webserver. Any individual who builds their website through an HTML file can then transfer their data from the computer to the webserver through this medium of FTP access.
- WordPress support: this is an online powerful blogging and website content management. For any individual to create and manage websites. This has control over about 25% of the sites on the internet, and most of the hosting providers will tell if their plans are compatible.
There is a huge advantage for any website builder to build their website because creating the content and publishing will happen in a few minutes. There will be no technical experience that will be required, and one would not even require any coding as well.
What is DreamHost, and why are its alternatives needed:
This is one of the most reliable and affordable web hosting companies which is available in the market. There are certain circumstances where people will look for a new web hosting company or its alternatives. It is common to see that not every hosting provider is perfect and will have all the solutions to the problem. DreamHost is a top-rated web hosting company that also faces some issues, and finding its replacement could be initially very tough. But with cutting-edge technology, there are several alternatives available in the market to the users. These alternatives are highly reliable and worth trying. They have been tried and used by various individuals lately and have received great reviews. Hence, they have been written in this article to show people about the other alternatives to DreamHost.This article here consolidates all the DreamHost alternatives for the betterment of its readers who are in dire need of an option and are looking for something new.
The chosen alternatives are Bluehost Hostgator, SiteGround, A2 Hosting, GreenGeeks, WP Engine, InMotion Hosting, Cloudways, Kinsta, and WPX Hosting. These alternatives were chosen after careful market research and hence been suggested as the alternatives. They are quite good alternatives which have been proposed for the betterment of the individuals. There are some disadvantages to DreamHost. This is the reason why alternatives have been chosen. The advancement of technology and the internet led to the introduction of several other web hosting servers. The dream Host has been quite popular in the market, and its values are friendly. The control panel of this song is not very great, but it is worth trying due to the refuse that it has received in the market. This server also has a fantastic security protocol. But some of the negative factors of this webserver, which leads to people looking for alternatives, lack good customer care support. The customer support is not very active and only available through a live chat with the help of online ticket service. It also has shared hosting plans, which are not a top choice for many individuals.
Looking at some of its disadvantages, some people in the market are currently interested in looking for alternatives. Reading this article would help them, as they would get a variety of options from where they can choose now. This article here will comprise ten alternatives, along with the pros and cons. There will also be a guide attached, which will help the individuals to learn about how to choose the best alternative as per them. The following are the alternatives which are there available on the internet and to the customers:
Bluehost, a top-rated company, is now hosting over 2 million websites worldwide. It is one of the cheapest, oldest, and most reliable hosting companies in the market. Many features make it commendable, and it offers various plans which attract the users. This has a free basic plan with WordPress. The pricing plans are very much affordable to the users, and it has great customer service as well. It replies to the users through emails, live chat, and even through calls. Bluehost’s basic WordPress plans are available for $3.95 a month, $5.95 a month, or $6.95, which later on can be seen to rise after three months. Prices then are seen to rise to $7.99 a month, $10.99 a month, or $14.99 a month for the next term of three-year. The other plan of this company, WordPress Pro, starts at $19.95 a month. This web hosting company is very much suitable for business owners.
The following are the features of the web hosting company:
- Free SSL and SSD storage along with each of the hosting plans
- It can enable SFTP and SSH protocols.
- It is appropriately streamlined and has a visual control panel
- It has a feature that allows One-click integration with Cloudflare’s for additional security and includes DDOS prevention.
- Has good safety and authentication skills
- Bluehost makes it easy to track, update, transfer, purchase, and administer all the domains
- Plus and Business Pro accounts support unlimited add-on and domains
- The user can create and manage unlimited email accounts on their own
- Lack of monthly hosting plans
- Too many add-ons
This is one of the oldest web hosting services which is available in the market. It offers great services and is quite affordable and reliable as well. Over the years, it has improved its uptime. Some services make this web host service quite commendable, as it has a free domain and SSL. There is fantastic control of traffic and customer service support. The customer support can be availed through live chat. The pricing plans for each of the offers are quite attractive. Here is why it is a good choice-
- Free domain and SSL certification
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth
- Good security and authentication system
- Great uptime feature
- It can enable SFTP and SSH protocols
- Has great uptime and security features
- Amazing pricing plans
- There are some costly addons which make it an expensive affair
- Poor customer service
This hosting company has been in the market for me only 16 years and has great services to the people. It has amazing plans for WordPress and is unique and new in the market. The customers are satisfied with its functionality and hence its high prices. With all these advantages, there are a few disadvantages as well. It does not offer a free domain and storage to the WordPress plan and is limited to 10 GB. There could be some issues concerning pricing, as well. The pricing plans are quite expensive, and it could affect the traffic of the website. There are some excellent pricing plans for sites that require minimal data storage. This web hosting provider has plans of $3.95 a month, $5.95 a month, and lastly, a plan of $11.95 a month for the first initial term, which extends up to 3 years. After this initial term, the renewal term for the following would cost $11.95 a month, $19.95 a month, and even $34.95 a month.
Some of the other additional features of the company are as follows:
- It has free SSL certification and a certified Email address
- It has a daily backup plan and supported by SFTP
- It has free CDN and an advanced toolkit attached
- It has great customer service for 24/7 through email, live chat, and calls as well
- Excellent security and authentication feature
- Free and daily automatic back-ups
- Faster responsive speed
- Pricing plans are a little costly
This is one of the top-rated web host servers in the market. The company has an amazing customer satisfaction rate and a high uptime. Many features are inbuilt in this, and it makes it user-friendly. One of the best qualities of this web hosting company is that both professionals and beginners can use it. There is an advanced developer planning which is related to bitcoins. This can make it quite useful when it comes to online selling as well. There are multiple hosting plans in this web server, which are for the beginners and intermediate people. A2Hosting has become quite popular because of its amazing response in money guarantee and refund policy. It will also help in saving the data and clearing up the problematic solutions for the users. It has unlimited storage, data transfer, and a user-friendly Control Panel. The customer service staff is quite responsive as it responds to calls, emails, and live chat support. The company promises to respond to all their queries quickly and swiftly. They have a pricing plan of $2.99 per month for shared hosting, $13.19 per month for reseller hosting, $5.00 for VPS hosting, and $99.59 for their dedicated server hosting.
Some other attractive features keep the users attached and linked to this site. They are namely:
- Free domain and SSL Certification
- Unlimited and unmetered storage and bandwidth
- There is a manual backup system
- It has a great firewall system for security and has authentication steps
- It is enabled with SFTP and SSH
- The company has a great policy on money guarantee and refund
- Great response front he customer service staff
- It has a small user base
- Complicated to understand for newcomers
GreeenGeeks established itself 40 years ago. It is a California-based company that has over 12 years of experience in this industry. It provides a high quality of service, which is very much affordable for website hosting. It offers great speed and efficiency, which is not available on the websites. It also utilizes one of the best software and hardware servers. This currently uses one of the most dependable software programs which is available on the internet. They use modern programs that are constantly upgraded so that the users can have the most advanced features. The name Green which has been associated with the name of the company has been generated to give positive results to the environment by using the wind power moderated, which is a new and unique feature adopted by the developer. The main Motto of this website’s users is to give the best interface and make it easy and smooth.
There are several features of the company which make it iconic, and they are mentioned below:
- It has free domain and SSL certification
- Has a great loading and uptime
- Great speed and performance statistics
- Has unmetered storage and bandwidth
- SFTP and SSH enabled
- Has a great uptime and loading time
- Great customer service
- It is environment friendly and has amazing performance statistics
- Refund policy even though mentioned it is questionable
- The pricing plan is not favorable
- WP Engine:
This is one of the most reputed companies in the field. It offers all the best digital services. It also has impressive development in the WordPress site professional and personal. It offers great speed to the users. WP Engine has amazing scalability and security. Storage or safety is of no concern if they are associated with this company. The company provides help in the personal arena and the professional arena to media agencies, enterprises, small and medium businesses in every sector. It has automatic backups and maintains policies. It has responsive customer service.
Some other additional features make this hosting provider quite popular. The features are as follows:
- Has an automated SSL certification and gateway
- Encrypted backup and good firewall system as well
- Has a great bandwidth and storage
- Global CDN and the sites are transferable
- The tech support is very tactful and beautifully managed
- The control panel is interfaced and customized as per the user’s need
- It has fully featured controls on the website
- It helps in increasing traffic
- Customizable control panel
- Pricing plans are expensive and not flexible
- It has very limited and tight security which could sometimes be very inconvenient for the plugins
- InMotion Hosting:
This is an independent company that has been in the industry since the year 2001. This is not just a web host provider forward price but also for several other business companies. It has some amazing features with advanced technology. This company is one of the best alternatives that have been suggested by all the users in the market. It has amazing statistics when it comes to performance and speed. The customer service staff is very quick and friendly. They respond to the customers quickly through live chat, calls, Skype, and emails. This web hosting company provides unlimited storage and traffic, free domain, and advertising credit to all its users. One of the disadvantages is that it carries around with it that it allows only two domains on a single account, but it has great speed.
There are some unique features about this web hosting provider. Some of the features are as follows:
- Free CDN, domain and SSL certification
- Great firewall system and security as well which will help the users be aware of any usual activities
- Unmetered and unlimited storage and bandwidth
- Customizable control panel
- It can enable SFTP and SSH protocols
- Great control over traffic
- The pricing plans are comparatively cheaper
- It has a modern infrastructure and well built
- VPS and other dedicated servers are quite cheaper
- The speed test is not as fast
- The sharing plans are not as successful
- There is a limit to living chat
This web hosting company has recently joined the market. It has not completely set its base and is not well known to people. It has some great technological features which are commendable. The customer service of this hosting company is very friendly and quick in its response. The queries can be made to the customer service staff via calls, emails, live chat, and even Skype. It has SSD storage quality and a complimentary backup system as well. There are some extra features inbuilt in this cost provider, which is commendable, and hence people should think about giving this website a try. There are some amazing qualities of this company that makes it an efficient option.
The features that make Cloudways a great alternative to HostGator are as follows:
- Free domain and global CDN
- A great system of firewall and authentication
- Has great storage and bandwidth
- SFTP and SSH enabled
- It has great control over traffic
- Best value for money
- Unlimited staging areas
- Entry and initial plans are expensive
- The customer support though is great and reachable, but it can cause a delay in responding to some problems
This is one of the simplest web hosting companies in the market, along with some great technological features. It is a great company for beginners and professionals as well. It has great security protocols to keep the users’ information safe, which will help to be aware of any hacking or in case of any unusual activity that will happen on their webpage. It has some great uptime and excellent speed. This is one of the most reliable hosting options for WordPress. Usually, everything comes with a drawback, and the drawback of this web host provider is that it lacks phone support. This website’s customer service is only through the messaging system, which is built-in on the server. The pricing plan starts at $30 per month for each WordPress site. It has about 20,000 visits per month. The second plan is for $60 per month, and it can have 2 WordPress sites with about 40,000 visits. The third side is $400 per month, and it can be installed to 5 WordPress sites, which can have about one lakh visit.
There are some other additional features of this web host provider, which make it commendable. Some of the features are as follows:
- Manual backup feature and great software for security and malware
- Has 10 GB limited storage and unlimited bandwidth
- SFTP and SSH enabled
- It has great control over traffic
- Has two-factor authentication
- Responsive staff with a technological background
- Automatic and daily backups
- Great configuration skills
- It has an expensive choice
- It is only for WordPress
- WPX Hosting:
This is the best alternative that is available in the market currently. It has all the features installed in it, which makes it the best choice. It is fast, reliable, a great support system. The pricing plans for this hosting company are affordable and have great features and back up. The web hosting service is a premium WordPress Hosting website that can load websites quickly. It has amazing statistics and uptime as well. This is perfect for websites that have heavy images, plug-ins, and a very high load. The customer support service is very much responsive in solving the problems through emails, phones, live chat, and even Skype. They are quite responsive and do their jobs swiftly. Their first plan is called the business plan, which costs about $24.99 per month, the professional is the second plan, which costs about $49.99 per month, and the last plan is called elite, which is about $99 per month.
The features of this web host service provider that make it commendable are listed down below:
- It has an outstanding team which controls traffic and customer support
- It has free SSL and Domain
- It has a built-in server
- Has 10 GB limited storage and unlimited bandwidth
- SFTP and SSH enabled
- Manual backup feature
- Great price plan offers
- Free SSL certification and domain
- Great security feature and server caching
- It is an expensive plan as compared to DreamHost
- Some of the plugins do not work and not compatible
How to Choose the Best Web Hosting Company:
- Bandwidth: This is an important factor as it would determine a lot of factors of the website, such as graphics, pages, and large amounts of traffic. The page would require a decent amount of bandwidth and disk space. It would also require unlimited plans so that it would be easier for the user.
- Compatibility: it is equally important to see if the operating system that the user chose is compatible with the page. This factor, as well, should not be overlooked.
- Reliability: The two most important characteristics required for web hosting services to succeed are reliability and availability.
- Security: Security is a requisite measure. A web page should be properly secured with proper safety, so there is no hacking or any unusual activity on the page. Firewalls and backups are necessary. In the case of suspicious activity, receiving notifications for the same is a smart tool.
- Free Domain:
This is an important criterion as this will help the user be recognized on the website and the internet. The website will be unable to function without it being in the public eye.
- SSL Certification:
This feature helps the website create an encrypted connection on the visitor’s browser. It will help in securing all the needed data information of the user. It will also help in prioritizing the sites with the help of this certification, and hence it is an essential part.
- Ease of customer panel and transferring:
The transferring of the website to a new host would be easy if there was no disruption and no complex Control Panel. The process of transferring would be easy if there are proper clear instructions given by the site.
- Customer service:
Customer service decides if a web host provider is great in its services. Any individual, be it a beginner or a professional, will need help at some point. If the customer service cannot provide its users with proper answers and help them, the web host provider loses its customers. Hence, one must look at the factor as to how the staff for customer support is before purchasing the hosting website.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are the hosting websites an individual requires?
This would mainly depend on the factors that an individual would want while making their page. It would be completely based on factors such as disk space, storage, speed, size. Some other important factors would also be the interface and how the boating companies behave towards their plans. Pricing plan offers also come in this factor and plays a huge role for the individuals to determine what would be the most affordable and reliable for them.
- What are the top 3 DreamHost alternatives for 2020?
SiteGround, BlueHost, and WPX Hosting are the perfect substitute. They have great pricing plans and are affordable as well to the users. It has some great storage and security walls the Dreamhost users would lack. One of the other features would be that these companies have amazing customer service staff, which seriously lacked in the former company.
The web hosting company DreamHost can not be the most perfect one, and it sometimes may not offer you as per your basic needs and requirements. These here are the best alternatives that have been suggested above in the article. These alternatives are great and a must for the individuals to give a try. Each of the platforms mentioned in the article has its pros and cons, which are listed here. The individuals are requested to look at each of them and make their judgments based on which alternative they would prefer. This article hopes to be a proper solution guide to all those individuals who are in dire need of help to search for one.